Grailed, New York, NY, October 2017 - Present
- Responsible for everything that happens in the user's browser and everything that gets the code to their browser.
- Consult with teams across engineering, product, and design to de-risk and unblock projects.
- Mentor multiple junior-, mid-, and senior-level frontend engineers.
- Responsible for long-term thinking around solving technical challenges that create risks to the success of the business, with other Staff Engineers.
- Lead project to migrate content-rich pages to Next.js for server-side rendering to improve SEO and performance.
- Shipped many, many features to our React-powered website and many fewer features (but some!) to our Ruby on Rails–powered API.
- Sponsor and support engineers in major technical projects; e.g. migrating from Flow to Typescript.
- Built an automated deployment tool called Maglev to solve deployment challenges.
- Built first version of our Android application in React Native with a Kotlin engineer.
- Interviewed many engineers, product managers, and designers.
Harry's, New York, NY, February 2013 - July 2017
- Built Harrys.com custom Ruby-on-Rails e-commerce platform, primarily focusing on the frontend.
- Member of Harrys.com start up team faciliating initial launch of company and website.
- Helped build subscription business, achieving 30+ percentage point increase in subscription penetration.
- Lead one of three teams tasked with refactoring major pieces of the platform in preparation to launch Harry's in the UK.
- Lead cross-functional Harry's x Jimmy Chin project; won Webby Award for Harry's x Jimmy Chin microsite.
- Interviewed many, many engineers, both technical and non-technical interview; interviewed many non-engineering roles for values alignment and cross-functional communication skills.
- Developed technical front-end phone screens and interview questions.
- On-boarded 3 frontend engineers, assisted with on-boarding many others.
- Unpacked a lot of FreshDirect boxes; changed a lot of empty water coolers; ran a handful of board game nights.
Involvio, LLC, New York, NY, February 2011 - February 2013
GE|OMD Summer Incubator, New York, NY, June 2011 - August 2011
- 10-week incubator program bringing together select student entrepreneurs in a collaborative environment to develop digital, media, and marketing ideas. Involvio selected winner, awarded $10,000 prize to help fund business.
Humans vs. Zombies, Goucher College, Baltimore, MD, February 2010 - May 2011
- Organized and supervised week-long games of Humans vs. Zombies, with a team of 5-7 moderators, for over 200 students. Created and implemented a series of missions encouraging teamwork, leadership, and excitement.
Goucher College, Baltimore, MD, September 2008 - May 2011
Goucher College, Baltimore, MD, August 2007 - May 2011
Patapsco High School, Baltimore, MD, August 2010 - December 2010
The Energeia Partnership, East Farmingdale, NY, June 2010 - August 2010
- Shadowed the director of the Energia Partnership, assisting with day-to-day tasks.
Student Government Association, Goucher College, Baltimore, MD, July 2009 - July 2010
- Chaired the Student Senate and the Executive Board, bodies of 50+ and 10 students, respectively. Responsible for an annual budget of $250,000. Enacted the New Deal for Goucher College, a $20,000 on-campus job’s program for students.
- former, Vice President for Clubs, Feb. 2009-Aug. 2009
Ikamva Lesizwe Public School, Kenton-On-Sea, South Africa, May 2010 - June 2010
Union for Reform Judaism and North American Federation of Temple Youth’s Kutz Campus for Reform Jewish Teens, Warwick, NY, May 2009 - August 2009
- former, Resident Advisor, June - August 2008
- former, Work Staff/Dishwasher, June - August 2007
Youth Group, North Shore Synagogue, Syosset, NY, August 2006 - June 2007
- Developed and instituted educational programming and ran social functions for one of the most active teen youth groups in the New York region.